Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex tool giving Null results on Web scraping workflow

Andre_Liboreiro
7 - Meteor

Hi,

My goal is to extract the data between the <td </td> tags on the website (workflow attached).

The thing is that the tables are stored on multiple pages.

Is there any Macro out there ready for this?

BR

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Andre_Liboreiro 

There isn't a already existing macro for paging through web site results since each of them implements the pagination differently. 

In your particular case, the website designer didn't bother with post backs or anything fancy.  The entire table is downloaded in the initial response and the JavaScript just displays different data depending on the selected page. 

Since the data all available in the first response, it's just a question of parsing it out of the returned HTML 

wf.png

The top container gets the response, finds the table and marks the header and body sections using a couple of Multi-row tools.  The middle one parses the header info and cross tabs the results to put it all on one row.  The last one uses a couple of Multi-row tools to tag each row and the columns within each row.  After the final Cross tab,  the header and data rows are unioned together and the Dynamic Rename takes the column names from the header row. 

Here's the start of the data

start.png

and the end showing the most recent data for June 6th

end.png

You'll notice that I left the task of replacing the URL encoded characters in the column names for you.

Dan

Andre_Liboreiro
7 - Meteor

Thanks Dan, I did not realize that all the data was already there.

BR

André

Labels