Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex to remove unicode for fuzzy match

maleryx
7 - Meteor

I am currently using REGEX_Replace(_CurrrentField_,'[^\w]', '') for all text fields. is there anyway to prevent unicode characters were not convertable?

ConvError: Fuzzy Match (29): Comments: Some Unicode characters were not convertable ("therrror ÃÂÃâšÂÃâÅthisisjustasamplesentencebecausethisisasamplesentecetoreplicable the error")

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @maleryx,

You could try using this formula:

DecomposeUnicodeForMatch([Field1])

This converts your characters.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

maleryx
7 - Meteor

ConvError: Multi-Field Formula (42): DecomposeUnicodeForMatch: Some Unicode characters were not convertable ("xxxÃââœ199xx1")

ConvError: Multi-Field Formula (42): DecomposeUnicodeForMatch: Some Unicode characters were not convertable ("xαxxxxxx_x48xxx22142")

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @maleryx,

The tool I showed you gets rid of most of the characters. There are som which cannot be converted like

ƒ

OR

œ

Those you either get rid of them with a regex replace tool or there is little much (as far as I know) to do about them

Regards

maleryx
7 - Meteor

Hello @afv2688

I am trying to ConvertToCodePage([_CurrentField_], 65001). will let you know the outcome.

Labels