Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex to extract Name Last Name and middle name and to extract numbers

sergiogarciagt
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have a long data set that contains the text in the attached format. What I need to do is extract the name and also to extract the John Hancock Employee and numbers from the amount section. I am trying to use regex but nor sure what combination to use. Thanks

I added a column with the desired result per below. So the challenge is to use regex to extract the name when it finds the name or to extract John Hancock Employee when it finds it, etc... and have all the info from column A without the extras.

sergiogarciagt_0-1632185094366.png

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sergiogarciagt 

Can you provide an explanation on how you reached at the output.

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sergiogarciagt ,

I have written some RegEx to parse out the values in your example output. See workflow attached.

It can be adjusted to your needs.

Here are the RegEx parts with comments, they work on your example dataset. You might need to adjust the statements depending on your data input:

KilianL_0-1632222526822.png

KilianL_1-1632222559168.png

Please mark this as the solution if it answers your question, it will help others to find solutions quicker.

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

sergiogarciagt
7 - Meteor

Thanks @KilianL  this helped a lot!

Labels