Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex or method to complete data in a field

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I'm pulling data from a file where there is a field with server names.  In some cases, the value input represents more than one server.  It's input like this - XXXAP1(T, R, AND Q).  I want to turn this into XXXAP1T, XXXAP1R, XXXAP1Q.  Is there a simple way to do with Regex?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @TimN 

Here is one way you could do this:

gautiergodard_0-1670520329504.png

WesCannon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @TimN 

It will take more than one Regex tool but it's definitely possible with a few tools. I've attached an example workflow that may be helpful.

WesCannon_0-1670520516116.png

Thanks,

Wes

braveraj
10 - Fireball

Hey @TimN 

It might need more testing but I've got a solution. Parse out the variables in parentheses, then split to rows the single variables. Append and then bam you're done.

braveraj_0-1670520593166.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @TimN 

Not the prettiest solution, but it works and avoid regex, so it is probably more performatic.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1670526970542.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @TimN 

Yes, its possible with Regex tool.

ShankerV_0-1670520779768.png

Please let me know if you have more questions related to the same,

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Thanks, all!  Appreciate the quick replies.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

All these approaches work.  Not sure if I can accept them all as solutions but they all do the job.

Thanks Again.

Labels