Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regex for case sensitive alphabets

GJNom
6 - Meteoroid

I saw this question and tried it myself too. The correct answer is option D and it actually works, but I am not able to understand why it works. The names for input into Regex are in uppercase and I have read that [a-z] is for lowercase alphabets. Could anyone please explain me why the below is working?

Thanks

Gaurav

GJNom_0-1621424664102.png

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @GJNom 

It works because Regex tool by default is configured be case insensitive. Hence upper case and lower case are treated as same.

atcodedog05_0-1621425004796.png

Hope this helps 🙂

GJNom
6 - Meteoroid

Ahh, what a silly mistake on my side. I ignored that check box. 😋 Can you believe it?

Thanks mate

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happens 😅 there is always first time you find out something 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Case sensitivity is also a flag for a regex that you can turn on or off irrespective of the Alteryx checkbox - I think it may be /i

Regex101.com is a great resource to play with Regex if you're struggling a little - it's saved my sanity many times!

Labels