Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Regex Tokenize Error

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm making a workflow mapper for my business and i'm getting a RegEx error, i have used this function before on a different workflow mapper and it worked fine. 

"RegEx (73) There was an error in regex_search The complexity of matching the regular expression exceeded predefined bounds. Try refactoring the regular expression to make each choice made by the state machine unambiguous. This exception is thrown to prevent "eternal" matches that take an indefinite period time to locate."

Query runnning on workflow XML RegEx is (ToolID=".*?Node>)

Any Ideas?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JTCairns 

What is it you're trying to extract from the XML?

8 - Asteroid

Hi @MichalM 

We are currently using two working areas, an old area and a new clean area, over time different users have added macros with all sorts of different paths and names. I am attempting to find all macros used in both area and also check for duplication. The workflow works when i just look for .yxmd files but i want to check for nested macros and apps too.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I think the problem is the macros need to be tokenized with Node Tool ID as opposed to Tool ID

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

I tested with workflows (yxmd), macros (yxmc) and apps (yxwx) and they all parse out correctly using the Regex you've shared. Could it be something specific to the macros you're looking at?

Labels