Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex Partial Addresses

Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

I've checked the community and found some similar questions/answers but none are exactly what I need. 

How do I parse out a certain word plus number from a string into a new column with a space in between?

For example, I want to parse out the abbreviation for apartment of "APT" (case insensitive) plus the apartment number with a space in between. 

Brian_Stoffel_0-1585066310623.png

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Brian_Stoffel - I have used regex tool to parse out the text APT along with the numbers following it, and then used a formula tool to add a space between them. Hope this helps.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Brian_Stoffel,

Here's a solution, not the most efficient (i'm going to keep working on another solution) but works nonetheless!

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

This works perfectly. Thanks!

Labels