Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex Issues

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

So i have a regex formula to help me clean duplicate job titles in my job title field... i thought it was working group but if you look at my workflow row 21 there should be a comma between the first and second job title and instead it just joined both titles in one long word. Can anyone look at my regex formula and tell me what i'm doing wrong... been driving myself crazy trying to figure it out.

TRIM(REGEX_Replace([Concat_Job Title], '\b(.+),(?=.*\b\1,?)', ''))

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
AA007
8 - Asteroid

I did it in a non regex way if you want.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not sure regex is the way to go with this one. See attached a variant of what @AA007 posted.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @krishnagandhi,

Here is my take on the problem. It is similar to what @PhilipMannering  has given.

grazitti_sapna_0-1607408423433.png

Sapna Gupta
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@krishnagandhi 
I think the problem is caused by the irregular data in row#21.
What is your desired output for this one? or it can be modified?

Leadhand - Trades,Electrician,Leadhand - Trades,Leadhand - Trades,Leadhand - Trades,Leadhand - Trades

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for all the help guys. What i ended up doing is the step where i concatenate the job title data (Summarize Tool) i did a group by job title and then used a second summarize tool and i concatenate the job title since now i only had unique job titles. This was the easiest way to get the job done!

Labels