Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex Help - Expression not giving the results expected

keith_ainsworth
6 - Meteoroid
I have a string that may contain the values: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,888,981 or any permutation of those 9 values.  I am using RegEx with Parse output option with the following expression - ^(1)|(2)|(3)|(4)|(5)|(6)|(7)|(888)|(981)$.

Example - Field value = 2,4,981

When I use the expression above and parse the capture groups into their own buckets I only get the first match and all the other buckets have whitespace (Not null).  I expected to see the values in the 2nd, 4th, and 9th bucket respectively.  RegEx Buddy gives me the expected results (using a RegEx format of Perl 5.2.0).  What am I doing wrong?
1 REPLY 1
keith_ainsworth
6 - Meteoroid

Big Kudos go out to Gene Rinas for his elegant solution to this problem.  Was able to bypass RegEx completely!

By using "Text to Columns" then adding a "counter" field with a value of one.  A cross tab with a group on the recordID, the response as the header field and count as the data field gave me EXACTLY what I was looking for.
rtaImage (1).png

Labels