Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regarding Fields Header name

ashiques
8 - Asteroid
Hi ,

My question is that i have two files. One is my old file and second was new file. In my new file The header are as this format:-
4 WEEKS ENDING 07/31/104 WEEKS ENDING 08/28/105 WEEKS ENDING 10/02/10
And my Old file has header name are as:-
1m End Jul-101m End Aug-101m End Sep-10

now i transpose both the file and then join both the file using join tool using a mapping file. This is the mapping file :-
1m End Jul-104 WEEKS ENDING 07/31/10
1m End Aug-104 WEEKS ENDING 08/28/10
1m End Sep-105 WEEKS ENDING 10/02/10

But when i try to  Cross tab the new header the header's of all fields get mixed like this:-
1m_End_Apr_111m_End_Apr_121m_End_Apr_13

How i can get that it in increase order of month not by Apr_11, Apr_12 and Apr_13.
I want the Output in this Format
1m_End_Apr_111m_End_Apr_121m_End_Apr_13

Thanks in Advance.
1 REPLY 1
ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hi Ashique, the CrossTab Tool will sort header fields in alpha-numeric order, so updating the field names to something that will conform to this type of sort will resolve your issue.  Once the field names have been through the Cross Tab Tool, you can use the Dynamic Rename Tool to revert the fields back to their original name. 
Labels