Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RegEx: inserting space in text

Kwaku_Od
7 - Meteor

I am trying to insert a space in my text in the column 'CountyX'. How can I do that with RegEx? Can someone help me please?

9 REPLIES 9
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Kwaku_Od ,

Can you provide a sample input and a desired output, as from the provided screenshots it's hard to tell what you're trying to do. Are you trying to add a space before the second capital letter in your CountyX column?

EDIT : If that's the case and County is present and appears last in all your records, you can try replacing that very text with a space and then add the string "County" after it. No need to use a regex tool, a formula tool will do it.

AngelosPachis_0-1630776652514.png

Thanks,

Angelos

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Kwaku_Od 

An equivalent regex would be 

regex_replace([Field1],"(.*?)(County)","$1 $2")

If you're using the Regex tool

danilang_0-1630847642635.png

If you're modifying the input string directly, remember to increase its length using a select so you don't end up dropping the "y" from "County"

Dan

Kwaku_Od
7 - Meteor

Hi Angelos,

Thanks for your help. So I am basically trying to remove the "Total" at the end of this string. That is why I ended up using the multistep approach. Is there a way I could use RegEx to delete it directly?

Kwaku_Od
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your help Dan! How do I modify the code to remove a specific word "Total" in the string?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kwaku_Od 

Why not just use replace function like this

Replace([County], " Total", "")

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kwaku_Od 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output it will help us get a better understanding of the usecase. I will try to provide you a solution early as possible 🙂

Kwaku_Od
7 - Meteor

Thank you ! This worked!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Kwaku_Od 

Cheers and have a nice day!

alt_marsan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the simpler solution, @atcodedog05

Labels