Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RegEx Parse

mmvcans
7 - Meteor

Wondering if anyone can help me out and review this REGEX_Match function I'm trying to write.

I have two patterns of data:

• 1#1
  • .01#.01 OR 1.01#1.01

Here's the expression:

REGEX_Match([tamt],
"\d*\.\d+#+\d*\.\d+|
\d+#+\d+")

This is running through the following workflow:

mmvcans_0-1601579794088.png

But the false filter is spitting out the following results:

mmvcans_1-1601579845887.png

Where the subset of patterns within the red box are pushing to the false output on the filter. I thought with the '\d+#+\d+' pattern string would have forced these values into the true output.

Data's sensitive so I hesitate to share the data set but wondering if anyone has any ideas given the fact pattern above.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mmvcans try this syntax

REGEX_Match([tamt],
"\d+\#+\d+|\d*\.\d+\#+\d*\.\d+")

mmvcans
7 - Meteor

@JosephSerpis thanks this worked!

Do you know why the tool forces the order the way it does? If there's an article you could point me to, that'd also work (as I know the RegEx explanations can get lengthy).

Thanks again for the help!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mmvcans this article might be helpful and explain order in the way regex excutes.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @mmvcans — You can try this solution too:

vizAlter_0-1601584471420.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer "Solved" with a Like, if not let me know!

Labels