Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RegEx: Get Repeated Parse Matches

Billbisco
7 - Meteor

I have multiple fields where I have text between tags that I want.  For Example: 

<span style="font-size&#58;10.66px;">e</span><span style="font-size&#58;10.66px;">nhancement for existing report</span>

The Result I want to get is

enhancement for existing report

The below code works except that it only delivers the first match: 

<span.*?>\K(.*?)(?=<\/span>)

Searching online, it seems that adding a  /g   to the end should deliver me multiple matches but I cannot get it to work in Alteryx, even though it seems to work here

Any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

Hi @Billbisco, if you 'tokenize' your result you will get all regex parses. From there you can cross tab your data and combine it with a formula tool.

Workflow

Workflow.PNG

Regex

regex.PNG

Output

result.PNG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi

Have you considered a formula tool? Or Multi-field formula if you need to apply across several columns?

The Regex_Replace function can replace anything within the <> with nothing:

REGEX_Replace([Field1], "(<.*?>)", "")
image.png

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

Here is the cross tab and formula

Workflow

workflow crosstab.PNG

Crosstab

crosstab.PNG

Output

result crosstab.PNG

Billbisco
7 - Meteor

Thank you Josh and Esther for your quick replies.

You're right Josh that I could tokenize it and then combine later.  Alteryx seems to not allow it to dynamically create columns as needed.  Afterall, there could be more than 2 span style tags.  Crosstab I will have to look into for future applications thanks!

Esther, your formula works quite well.  I'm somewhat disappointed I can't use straight up Regex with /g at the end though.  But, this is elegant and in one step and I'll use it.  Thanks!

Labels