Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Refresh Snowflake ODBC input data in alteryx server

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I have a workflow that contains an input tool with snowflake ODBC database and a drop down interface tool in alteryx server.  Everyday, another workflow refreshes the ODBC database.

However, when I tried to run the workflow in alteryx server, the drop down value was not updated although ODBC data was updated in another workflow.

Refresh snowflake ODBC data.png

Does anyone know how to refresh the interface tool values after ODBC data is updated?

Sincerely,

knozawa

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @knozawa,

Your Dropdown interface tool is only going to load value of what's stored in the workflows metadata, which is why you never see the values change outside of what it was showing when you ran and saved the macro.

There is an option in that interface to use an external source to generate your list. You can configure it to connect to a DB and insert your SQL that would generate your "Name" and "Value" columns. Being that you're using a CrossTab tool to pivot, it may be a bit more challenging to prep your data directly in SQL.

Alternatively, you mentioned that there's another workflow that refreshes your database. You can alter that workflow to also generate a file that you could then map to the macro. If this macro is used by multiple people or on Alteryx Server, you'll need to place that file in a network location that's accessible to them.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Thank you, @jrgo.

I've updated the drop down interface tool to look up the file that contains Name and Value.

Sincerely,

knozawa

Labels