Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Refresh Select tool metadata when Input Data Source changes

DaveJ
7 - Meteor

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new to Alteryx so apologies if this is the wrong place to ask my question. Equally I apologise if this is a frequently asked question and I've failed to find the answer while I was searching the community posts.

I was adding some excel spreadsheets using input tools and connecting each of them to select tools so that I could only keep certain columns and rename them to match. I realised that I'd missed a couple of columns out of 2 of my source spreadsheets so I went back to add them. However whilst refreshing the Input tool showed the new data, the Select tool didn't show me the new columns. Seems it had stale data and needed a refresh but I wasn't sure how to do that. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help. Hopefully this is a really easy one.

Cheers

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @DaveJ,

Welcome to Community!  You have asked your question in the correct place here.

Can you try pressing F5 to refresh the canvas and see if your select tool picks up the changes?

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
DaveJ
7 - Meteor

Jessica,

Wow, First of all thank you for such a speedy response and secondly, F5 did the trick perfectly. It's so easy when you know how. :o)

Many Thanks - A great first experience of the Community

Dave

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

Thanks @JessicaS! Up until now, I've been running workflows when I've needed to refresh the metadata. This is so much better.

Labels