Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reformatting column

Rhys1
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I have a customer and product listing that displays price, quantity, cost of sales etc for each product purchased by a customer. The original dataset lists the customer then all products purchased underneath, before doing the same for the following customer (see current format below). I want to have one master list where the customer is displayed next to each product purchased (see ideal format further below). 

Each customer purchases a different mix and volume of products so there is uniform number of rows between customers. 

Current format

SalesCost of salesMargin
Customer 1   
Product A   
Product B   
Product C   
Customer 1 total   
Customer 2   
Product X   
Product Y   
Product Z   
Customer 2 total   

Ideal format

SalesCost of saesMargin
Customer 1Product A   
Customer 1Product B   
Customer 1Product C   
Customer 2Product X   

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
lcrosby
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Just to clarify, is the issue that you need to be able to identify which product purchases belong to a specific customer so you can transpose the data?

If so you can do that with a multi-row tool, I can go over it if I'm on the right track.

Thanks,

Leon

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

Hi @Rhys1 

please see attached excel file and workflow. once the value are populated in the excel file the last filter will remove null values and it should look like your desired output.

Please let me know if you have any more questions

thanks

Hi @Rhys1 

Please check the below. Hope it helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1605204384641.png

Rhys1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks everyone for the help - this worked perfectly 

Labels