Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reformatting a Simple Chart

Faronnj
8 - Asteroid

Good Afternoon Alteryx Community,

I have, what I believe is a simple question but I hit a road block and don't even know where to go next to achieve this.  Here is my current data following the summarize & filter.

Gender (M/F)CountNonNull_Gender (M/F)
F52
M56

I want this table to look more like this but don't know where to begin, Ive tried a few things with no luck:

Gender (M/F)Number (n=)Percent (%)
Female5248.14%
Male 5651.86

I want to change the F & M to female and male, and then add a third column doing the math to convert the numbers to percentages.  

If you could please include a workspace, I would greatly appreciate it as it helps me continue to learn the program better and better each day. 

Thank you in advance!  You have been extremely helpful for my research,

Nick 

1 REPLY 1
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Faronnj 

Just a matter of using a couple tools to do what you're looking for here.  A summarize can get you the total count which you can then turn into a percentage in a formula.  In that formula you can also replace F/M with Female/male.  Then a select tool can let you format what fields are output and rename the headers.

Example attached

table_format.PNG

Labels