Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Refinitiv Eikon | Connection Possibilities

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

we are planning on using Refinitiv Eikon (formerly Thomson Reuters) licenses for Risk Management purposes. In this context I have seen that there is a strategic partnership revealed between Alteryx and Thomson Reuters.

Does this also concern Refinitiv Eikon and is there any information on how and to which Refinitiv products Alteryx can be connected?

Thank you so much for your replies on this!

Kind regards,

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @maier_alexander_MO 

It looks like the Eikon data sources have APIs available and therefore can be connected to via the download tool in Alteryx: https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/apis-in-this-family 

The documentation is behind a login page so I am unable to see further information about the documentation, but Alteryx has information in the community about leveraging APIs in workflows that could be adapted to these sources. 

izamryan
8 - Asteroid

Following!

I created an account to access the developer materials and would be looking likewise to leverage the APIs in my own Alteryx workflows.

maier_alexander_MO
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB & @izamryan ,

thx so much for your replies! This looks like some really good content indeed 🙂 https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api 

I will definitely dive into this within the next weeks and will happy to share my experiences.

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Alex

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It looks like some of them may use Python libraries. In these situations you can use the python code in the Python tool 

andrmtts
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @maier_alexander_MO !

Were you finally able to do that?

thanks

Labels