Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reference Table with Changing Name

Steph3388
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm trying to link to an excel input file in the workflow that not only has a changing file name based on the month pulled, but the tab I need to reference also has a changing name based on the month (for example, file name = PReq September 2019.xlsx, table/tab name = Sept Preq). I've used a wildcard in the file path to take care of the changing file name issue, but I still haven't found a solve to reference the changing table/tab name. Is there a way to easily do this? I've looked into the Dynamic Input tool but am not quite sure how/if this would work in this instance. To add additional info, the table/tab I would need to reference would always include the word "PReq".

Let me know if you need additional info.

4 REPLIES 4
HildebrandoS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Steph3388,

I believe that you will find the solution for you problem on this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Get-worksheet-names-from-excel/td-p/34...

Best,

- Hil

Steph3388
7 - Meteor

I'm relatively new to Alteryx and have never used a batch macro. Is there a simpler solution?

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @Steph3388 ,

You can read 

1)   '  list of sheet names  '  and  dynamic  input  to read sheets or   

2)  dir  tool  ,   dynamic  input   to read  'list of sheet names '  and      dynamic input   to read sheets. 

dynamic read.PNG

Steph3388
7 - Meteor

Thanks @benakesh , the first solution worked great, I just added a filter tool between the formula tool and the dynamic input to read only sheet names that contain "PReq" and it was just what I needed.

Labels