We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Redshift ODBC Connector

rahuls
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am using an ODBC Connection to connect with Redshift to load the data from Salesforce via Salesforce connector. While running the module it fails to create the table and gives the error that certain column has unsupported type "bit", though the data type for that column is "Boolean".
Anybody facing the same kind of issue, please suggest the solution.

6 REPLIES 6
adrian_loong
7 - Meteor
Have u tried the new AWS ODBC driver v1.21 for Redshift
jportello
5 - Atom
Is it only one column? If you are using a 1/0 for your boolean, try changing it to an integer based field.
rahuls
9 - Comet
Hi adrian.loong,

Yes, I am using the latest version. But still it gives me the same error "Unsupported type bit" for a boolean field. How can I resolve this?
rahuls
9 - Comet
Hi jportello,

There are multiple columns of boolean type with T/F value. I tried to run the module by changing the data type to string ,but still it fails to load the data.
rahuls
9 - Comet
Hi adrian.loong and jportello

I am using the AWS Driver v1.2.1.1001 (64 bit). I tried to load the data by converting the boolean fields to string type, it gave me the error "String data is too big for the driver's buffer size". Also, I tried to change the boolean fields to Integer type, still got the same error.
rahuls
9 - Comet
Hi adrian.loong,

Can you please provide the download link for the new AWS ODBC driver v1.21?

Thanks
Labels