Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recursive macros

pablo_luna
5 - Atom

Hi,
I'm trying to get some data from Salesforce using the new Salesforce Reporting REST API. I managed to get it to work with the download connector, but the API returns a max of 2000 records and a flag field in true or false to indicate if all fields were returned.
Since I don't know the total number of records in the report, I wanted to build a recursive macro that keeps quering Salesforce until flag field was true. This could be easily achieve by having a macro calling itself with some parameter that it would change in every iteration. I try to do this, but I got an error message saying that a macro cannot be insterted into itself.
Is there any way of doing what I need to do?
Note: Salesforce connector is not an option because it can't see the objects that I want to use.

Thank you,
Pablo

10 REPLIES 10
shevshenko
7 - Meteor

Hi Pablo - I am having the same issue you faced time ago where the Salesforce Reporting API only retreives 2000 records max in my Existing Reports, any recent workaround / solution you have for this same item? Thanks @pablo_luna 

Labels