community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Records on Report Tabs

Hi, 

I am currently trying to create a client report using the Reporting tools and cannot figure out how to correctly group my records on different tabs. Here is what I'm trying to do:

I need two different tabs, one for Line of Business and one for Branch (which takes one segment from LOB and breaks it down further). 

Here is my data, coming from two different workflows. 

Region

Branch#

Branch

Year

A

Nebraska

B

Cornhuskers

C

D

Champs

and 

LOB

Date

%Group

%Group

%Group

%Group

Score

N=

Branch

Branch

Branch

Loans

CC

CC

Mort

I am using the Table tool to table theses two data sets, grouping by year in the first one and LOB in the second. This groups the data how I want it to look. Then, I use the multi-join or union tool (I've tried both ways) followed by the Layout then Render tools. The tools let the groups be read as separate tables, but is there a way to dictate certain tables go on certain tabs? Right now, all i can figure out is that they either all go on the same tab or they each get their own tab. Any help would be super appreciated! Thanks!

Hannah

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@HBarkdoll

I'm having a little difficulty visualizing what you are describing.  Sample images of what you ideally want would be helpful.

I think you can achieve your goal.  After you Layout your Tables (1), instead of going directly to Render, introduce a way of collecting things you want to appear together, apply another Join Multiple bringing in a secondary grouping variable, then add another Layout (2) to arrange the (laid-out) snippets onto what will ultimately be your tabs.  Then when you finally Render, you can group on that new variable to render the individual tabs.

image.png

(The way I've shown this, the ultimate product looks awful.)  This is just a quick and dirty modification of reports I'd already created so that you can get the idea.  You'd want to arrange different tables onto different tabs, so you'd use a more elegant method of creating the secondary groups, like an Append Fields.  

Labels