Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Records Mismatch

aumali
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! 

In my input file I have 144 records that need to be checked matched with a cost centre file. I've done a Join Tool to match the records between another. Afterwards, I did a Union Tool to combine the Left and Join Output Anchors but got more records. To trim down the data I used a Unique tool to revert to the original 144 records. However, I was only able to get 142 records. Two records dropped off. I'm not sure if i'm missing a step in my data preparation. 

Requesting for some advise on this one. Thanks! 

aumali_0-1605690705066.png

9 REPLIES 9
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aumali,

You have duplicated positions in your inputs. When you join the data you are creating duplicates. 

Do your best to remove the duplicates before the join tool happens thanks to that you will make sure that the data quality is correct.

Good luck!

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @aumali,

the unique removes duplicates based on a criteria, here if it is the ID, it means that you have 2 duplicated ID in yoiur dataset, if you however want to keep only these 144 lines, you could use a record_id tool just after reading your file and make the unique on this record ID!

if you want me to look at the subject deeper, could you please share the workflow?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @aumali ,

This is probably down to how you have set up your Unique tool. It's either that or you may have duplicates in your original file of 144 records. Do you mind using the same unique tool in your input to check if there are any duplicates there?

Regards,

Angelos

aumali
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Emil_Klos,

There are some lines with duplicate entries but I would need these to be checked since they need to charged to cost centre accordingly. Thanks! 

aumali
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Ladarthur, 

That might be the case since I would need all the records to be checked in the input file once it is joined with the cost centre file. 

Thanks!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aumali 
So you get what you desired?

Anyway, since no input data attached, by this screen shot, I think there are cases that multiple GL4 for 1 Costcenter in the Join Inputs.
The question now is you want this happen or not.

Qiu_0-1605691776783.png

aumali
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Qui, 

The secondary data set has multiple GL4s to 1 Cost Centre. I would still need to have it since there are some replacements there that are linked to same cost centre. Thanks! 

aumali
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Ladarthur, 

I did place in a Record ID after the input tool to give unique id's to each row. This was able to help out in the Unique ID Tool to get all the records. 

Thanks again! 

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

A pleasure! Have a nice day!

Labels