Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reconfiguring macros after a folder change

Eyzy
5 - Atom

Hello there!
Joined a new team and maintaining their Alteryx workflows. Recently there was a folder change which caused the Apps to break. Inputs and Outputs were easy to address but the issue is once folders were changed, the macro links (5-6) are severed and configurations are also lost (workflow was built 4 years ago and no SME to help in this case).

Is there an easy way for me to find out what were the previous macro configurations (linkages + settings on macro and the first outputs after) were without reverting folder changes?

The ideal scenario would be to have a map of the workflow with the old configs so i could just recreate those same linkages and settings. Otherwise, let me know what else might be helpful

1 REPLY 1
KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Eyzy ,

You can find the config and connections in the underlying workflow XML.

You get there via right click on the workflow file (.yxmd) and then open with notepad.

You might actually see the config already in XML format in the workflow itself by clicking on the broken macro.

You can use the Tool ID or parts of the config to find further information about the tool settings in the workflow XML.

KilianL_0-1632991206000.png

The connections are at the bottom of the workflow XML and look like this:

You can easily find the tools in your workflow by pressing ctrl+F to search for the tool ID and click on the matches.

KilianL_1-1632991324566.png

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Please mark this as the solution if it answers your question, it will help others to find solutions quicker.

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

Labels