Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recommendations on a Data Visualization software that works well with Alteryx

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm looking for a Data Visualization Software that integrates and works well with Alteryx. Any recommendations? 

Was looking at Power BI to build reports, charts and client facing documents. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Javier 

2 REPLIES 2
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jdelaguila,

While I enjoy Power BI, I find its functionality extremely limited. For example, you can't have conditional formatting applied to a treemap with more than one label included. Power BI was basically built with the Excel user in mind to give them an better way to visualize data. 

Tableau has a ton more features and is easily integrated into Alteryx. Tableau specific outputs are even included in the supported file types that come standard with Alteryx. 

Speaking from personal experience, when my company switched from Tableau to Power BI, we saved a lot of money but lost a lot of functionality. 

Just my two cents.

Cheers!

Phil

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jdelaguila ,

For a full list of data sources that Alteryx can natively connect to you can visit:

https://help.alteryx.com/20212/designer/data-sources

Thanks,

Mike

Labels