Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recognizing this Date Type

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

When using a showcase query, this data is stored as a more typical date type but when I pull in to alteryx the date seems to be unrecognizable. Anyone know what this date type is? and how I convert it in to something recognizable?

Daflinders_0-1585237316359.png

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Daflinders,

can you provide a screenshot with "how it should look like"?

I thought it might be the day as an integer like it is in Excel. But when I converted it back, I got 17.05.5077 and that's probably wrong.

I tried something similar for the UPDTM with time in seconds and it actually works for the first two, but than fails again because the number is too great.

grossal_0-1585240207959.png

Please provide some additional information what the date and time should look like.

Best 

Alex

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

When I pull the data through showcase Query these are the results I get.

Daflinders_0-1585241001130.png

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I got a pretty sketchy solution for you, maybe someone else will come up with something prettier.

grossal_0-1585241824416.png

Times: 

The time conversion is pretty simple and less sketchy. I add a 0 in front if it's only 5 characters long and use the DateTime Tool to convert it to a time.

Date:

It's getting sketchy here. I don't know where the first '1' comes from, but I have removed it and replaced it with '20' because the characters behind it are representing the 20XX years. The numbers behind are month/date.

Output:

grossal_1-1585241961692.png

I'll attach my workflow. Let me know if it helps.

Best 

Alex

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

It looks like there is an unnecessary 1 added to the beginning of each date. 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I thought the same and removed it inside my workflow 😃

Labels