Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recognizing this Date Type

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

When using a showcase query, this data is stored as a more typical date type but when I pull in to alteryx the date seems to be unrecognizable. Anyone know what this date type is? and how I convert it in to something recognizable?

Daflinders_0-1585237316359.png

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Daflinders,

can you provide a screenshot with "how it should look like"?

I thought it might be the day as an integer like it is in Excel. But when I converted it back, I got 17.05.5077 and that's probably wrong.

I tried something similar for the UPDTM with time in seconds and it actually works for the first two, but than fails again because the number is too great.

grossal_0-1585240207959.png

Please provide some additional information what the date and time should look like.

Best 

Alex

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

When I pull the data through showcase Query these are the results I get.

Daflinders_0-1585241001130.png

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I got a pretty sketchy solution for you, maybe someone else will come up with something prettier.

grossal_0-1585241824416.png

Times: 

The time conversion is pretty simple and less sketchy. I add a 0 in front if it's only 5 characters long and use the DateTime Tool to convert it to a time.

Date:

It's getting sketchy here. I don't know where the first '1' comes from, but I have removed it and replaced it with '20' because the characters behind it are representing the 20XX years. The numbers behind are month/date.

Output:

grossal_1-1585241961692.png

I'll attach my workflow. Let me know if it helps.

Best 

Alex

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

It looks like there is an unnecessary 1 added to the beginning of each date. 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I thought the same and removed it inside my workflow 😃

Labels