Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Receiving "Too many fields in record #1326265" when reading a tab delimited text file

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

I am receiving "Too many fields in record #1326265" when reading a tab delimited text file in a workflow that I have been running successfully for months using the same daily file download.

Below is the normal input setting and a snapshot of the error message. I searched the forum and tried changing the field length.

sonseeahray_0-1604420901328.png

sonseeahray_0-1604422553477.png

sonseeahray_1-1604420938614.png

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sonseeahray this post on the community might be helpful as it has some suggestions to deal with this error.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis, I read that one earlier and is where I got the suggestion to try changing the field size. I did also search for \t within the file as Charlie suggested.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis, I did not try "Treat Read Errors as Warning." This allowed the entire file to be read in. Thank you.

Labels