Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rearrange table as heat plot chart

JonLoi
5 - Atom

Hi all, hope you are in good spirit. 

I have managed to transform a General Ledger into the following format (ie Source table) and due to the substantial amount of entries after being concatenated, I want to transform the Debit and Credit entries to a new table as title column and row respectively with number of entries and total debit amount as the details as denoted below. In hope that I can use the Heat Plot Chart after that. Thanks!Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JonLoi ,

I'm not absolutely sure I got you right, but I assume, you want to create a  matrix with debit accounts in rows, credit accounts in columns and the amount booked for the respective combination of accounts (e.g. Bank -> Account Receivable) as the value. A second matrix would contain the number of transactions. Both can be transformed in a second step to create the heat plot (size = number of transactions, colour = amount).

I've attached a sample workflow for step 1 (create table) to explain the possible result, heat plot can easily be added.

What do you think?

Best,

Roland

JonLoi
5 - Atom

Hi @RolandSchubert ,

Yes, this is exactly how I wanted it! You made it look so effortless and this drives me to learn more about Alteryx.

Thanks!

Labels