Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rearrange columns as per the requirement

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Need expert help on my requirement. I have a data file with 100 of fields and need to solve this using alteryx.

Problem statement: Data fields to be rearranged as per the standard requirement. The input, which I received will have columns in different position that needs to be arranged as per standard template.

Is there a way I can have the field mapped (input vs standard) in a excel file and give the numbering in which each column to be arranged. If so, let me know how I can achieve this using alteryx,

InputRequirement
Column NameColumn orderColumn Name
Last Name1Name Prefix
Middle Name2First Name
Name Prefix3Middle Name
First Name4Last Name
Name Suffix5Name Suffix
DOB6Gender
Address 17Date of Birth
Address 28Address 1
Gender9Address 2

Thanks
Naga

4 REPLIES 4
Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

Hi @Naga,

Here is a workflow that will do the re-ordering for you.

You just need to change the Input to your data source, enter the list of fields in the order that you want, and then save the output in the format that you need.

I hope this helps.

Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

I decided to add a RecordID Tool, and sort based on this as it is a more reliable method to ensure that the order values aren't duplicated.  This way you can remove the Column Order field in the Text Input, and just rely on the order of the fields within it instead.

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Dazzerman for quick help. This solved my need...

Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

You're very welcome!  Glad this solution helped.  🙂

Labels