Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading text from PDF file

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

I have a requirement of scanning a PDF document for a required piece of information and then extract it to excel file. Any possible way of doing this in Alteryx without having to go through the route of Python? The PDF input does not work for me as my employer has not paid for the upgraded functions in Alteryx. Thanks in Advance!

14 REPLIES 14
markcurry
12 - Quasar

@Idyllic_Data_Geek do you want to try running the attached installer file.

Another option would be to rename your .yxzp package file, to .zip, and unzip the workflow, then you can open that in Notepad and manually change the version to the version you have.

Hope that helps.

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@markcurry I got the tool installed. I connected a pdf file and ran the workflow with view option. It gave me the below error. I'm also going to try to change the extension of the workflow and then change the version like you suggested. My requirement will be to read all the pdf files in a folder and then spit out the text in an excel file. I appreciate your help with this request of mine! 🙂

Idyllic_Data_Geek_0-1625838070089.png

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@markcurry Are you able to save the file as Zip extension and share it here?

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@markcurry both the tesseract and PDFtools give me the below error when I try to install them...any idea on what am I missing? Thanks

Idyllic_Data_Geek_0-1625841866488.png

markcurry
12 - Quasar

@Idyllic_Data_Geek , do you have the R or the Predictive Tools installed?  If you search for R in the top right hand side, hopefully you have that installed, or do you have the Predictive tools installed?  If not, do you have the option under the Options menu to download the Predictive tools?

Labels