Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading data from PDF files

anilacem
5 - Atom

Dear All, I would like to know if Alteryx can read data from PDF files and extract the data from the files 

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @anilacem ,

I've moved your post from the Welcome to Community section over to this section so more folks get a chance to read and respond.

Have you checked out the post below?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Can-Alteryx-Parse-A-Word-Doc-Or-PDF/ta-p/115...

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
anilacem
5 - Atom

Hi Jessi,

I have gone through the link and contacted Daniel who has some solution and the problem wt he mentioned exactly matches my requirement. Hope i should get some solution from him. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Anil

Samuel_To
10 - Fireball

Hi Anil,

Can you share your requirement to us ? We might need the same solution from Daniel.

Thanks and Regards,

Samuel

NIK7GUPT
7 - Meteor

Hi I also have same type of problem. As a requirement i need to read Text based PDF through Alteryx , PDF is having 6 different page structure. I need to read all 6 in different input stages.

Any help or any input will be much appreciated,

Thanks.

PakinamBakr
6 - Meteoroid
Hello, I have the same problem. I need alteryx to read figures (numbers) from a scanned PDF file. Any suggestions how to do so?
NIK7GUPT
7 - Meteor

Hi,

There is couple of ways to do that. One option if your organization allow to downlaod xpdf tool, then you can just install that and run batch script to convert pdf to text(or any format).  then you can play around with text files.

another ways to do that using R  console(Mostly availble in 2019.2, not sure about 2019.3 version) to convert pdf to excel or text.

Thanks

Labels