Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading after writing a record into a DB - MISSING record

radirobi97
5 - Atom

Dear  Masters!

I have the following problem. I write a record into a database table using output tool, and then I want to read in the content of this table with a dynamic input tool. 

My approach was using Block Until Done tool, but it does not wait for the end of the process on the first branch.

So for example the stating state of my table looks like this:

Column A

I want to add a record in it, called 3So my desired output would look like this:

Column A

But when I am trying to read this table the result is just the 1 and record, the new one (3) is nowhere.

I attached a screenshot about my attempt. Please guys, give me a solution for this problem!

clipboard_image_0.png

3 REPLIES 3
spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

@radirobi97,

I have 2 things:

1. Before you use block until done, try to check your write to DB without block until done tool in same workflow. Write to DB separately as one single step, then read it to make sure it is writing successfully. 

2. If the block until done is not allowing the write to complete before it does the next branch and then looks as if it is missing records because it checked too soon, you can use the CREW macro called "wait a second" on the second branch to delay your workflow until the data write has completed is ready to be read.

Hope this helps!

Ed

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

How many lines you have in the input text tool. For each line in the input text it will make the dynamic output tool execute. I usually put the record id tool and before the dynamic output filtar tool with recordid = 1

clipboard_image_0.png

[]

radirobi97
5 - Atom

thank you geraldo for your answer, but I used the above mentioned waiting block.

Labels