Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading XML for Output generation

kpsrawat
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Looking for some help to understand the below Union component XML, by reading the xml I want to generate the output of Union 

<Node ToolID="16">
<GuiSettings Plugin="AlteryxBasePluginsGui.Union.Union">
<Position x="1074" y="270" />
</GuiSettings>
<Properties>
<Configuration>
<ByName_ErrorMode>Error</ByName_ErrorMode>
<ByName_OutputMode>All</ByName_OutputMode>
<Mode>ByName</Mode>
<SetOutputOrder value="True" />
<OutputOrder>
<Connection>#2</Connection>
<Connection>#1</Connection>
</OutputOrder>
</Configuration>
<Annotation DisplayMode="0">
<Name />
<DefaultAnnotationText />
<Left value="False" />
</Annotation>
<MetaInfo connection="Output">
<RecordInfo>
<Field name="vr_version" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Date" />
<Field name="bg_name" size="259" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="V_WString" />
<Field name="vr_year" size="255" source="(Multiple Sources)" type="V_WString" />
<Field name="realization" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="Double" />
<Field name="region" size="255" source="File: (Multiple Sources)" type="V_WString" />
<Field name="loaded_datetime" source="(Multiple Sources)" type="DateTime" />
<Field name="loaded_by" size="255" source="(Multiple Sources)" type="V_WString" />
</RecordInfo>
</MetaInfo>
</Properties>
<EngineSettings EngineDll="AlteryxBasePluginsEngine.dll" EngineDllEntryPoint="AlteryxUnion" />
</Node>

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Help me understand what you mean by output of the union? What are you trying to do here exactly / ie why XML? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
kpsrawat
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Here, I am trying to read the workflow XML for union component ("AlteryxBasePluginsGui.Union.Union") and from the XML block I am trying to fetch the details for the data fields being merged into single output feed. Please help to understand the same from workflow file (.yxmd) and below xml block is part of the full workflow 

Labels