Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading Outlook Emails and Email attachments with Alteryx

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

Good morning, 

I have created a workflow that creates two .pdf files as output to be emailed using the Alteryx server. However, when the workflow completes and the files are emailed, the header is only generated into one of the .pdf files. This is not the case when run locally, the header is generated on both .pdfs. 

I have tried using two separate email tools, and multiple configurations, but I can't get much of anything to work. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Could you maybe post the workflow? I have a couple of guesses though:

1. Is this an error you have had locally before? If so you might have scheduled the workflow using the Server DB, which means that changes made to the local flow wont matter (until you schedule it again using the modified flow).

2. How do you create the headers? Are they pulling data from somewhere that might not be accesible to the server?

Best regards,

Daniel

Colejweinman
7 - Meteor

It was #1. It wasn't referencing the new files being created with the header. Just had to redirect the path. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. 

Thanks!

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Good to hear that it worked out!

Best,

Daniel

Labels