Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading ASPX file from URL with download tool "HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request" error

JamelTalbi
7 - Meteor

I wasn't able to identify my exact issue from any of the existing posts. Hopefully somebody can point out my issue.

I need to pull down data from an ASPX (basically a web-based spreadsheet) file on my company's URL. I've fed the site name into the tool using a text input but I'm getting an "HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request" error. What am I missing please?

JamelTalbi_0-1591360166776.png

JamelTalbi_1-1591361450718.png

3 REPLIES 3
deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Hi @JamelTalbi 

Could you please try adding the below entries in the Header tab of Download Tool

Name: User-Agent:

Value: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36

Name: Content-Type 

Value: application/html

random.png

JamelTalbi
7 - Meteor

Thank you, devi. I have added those entries under the Headers tab, but have the same result. Can you advise what the purpose was? Do I need to have some value in the Headers? What is Alteryx looking for here? Any other ideas? Thanks.

JamelTalbi
7 - Meteor

It did actually work - I just had to open it up in a browse tool and really dig into it. Thanks.

Labels