Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read sheet with same name from multiple excel files

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have few excel files in a folder which includes multiple sheets. The one sheet that is common in all files is Output. Is there a way to read all excel files in that folder and output records from the "Output" sheet in all the files?

10 REPLIES 10
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aparna0208 

There is a famours macro to  handle Multi Sheet Import Example

@mceleavey hope you dont mind I take this one 😁

Capture3A.PNG

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Thank you so much for your inputs:) I was excited to try this out as I see some new tools in the snapshot. Unfortunately when I tried to open the attached workflow it errored out stating it's a newer version and the one I have doesn't support some tools and functionality

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208 ,

I've attached the workflow and macros for you that @Qiu provided in the exported package.

You'll need to save the .yxmc files to your macro folder before you open the workflow.

However, I would strongly advise you upgrade Alteryx.

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No problem at all @Qiu . I'm glad you're finding them useful.

M.

Bulien

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Appreciate you both for all your help on this 🙂 It was super helpful @mceleavey @Qiu 

Thank you very much for breaking down the package into separate attachments and I'm able to access it @mceleavey  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aparna0208 

Glad to help.

Maybe you can mark our answer as accept so other person can take it as solution for similar problems. 😁

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

JacobGFMR
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

Hello,

I am trying to something very similar to this, and I need some assistance. 

I am needing to pull in multiple files from a folder and I only need one sheet (or tab in excel). 

I am receiving an error that "The Control Parameter "Control Parameter (22)" must be mapped to a field. 

Can you please assist me with this? 

-I have input my folder into the directory. 
-I know my sheet name

I don't understand what to do next to obtain the tab/sheet I need from all files in the folder. 

After this is complete, will I be able to create a new excel file that combines all sheets into 1 single file? 

Labels