Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read sheet with same name from multiple excel files

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have few excel files in a folder which includes multiple sheets. The one sheet that is common in all files is Output. Is there a way to read all excel files in that folder and output records from the "Output" sheet in all the files?

10 REPLIES 10
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aparna0208 

There is a famours macro to  handle Multi Sheet Import Example

@mceleavey hope you dont mind I take this one 😁

Capture3A.PNG

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Thank you so much for your inputs:) I was excited to try this out as I see some new tools in the snapshot. Unfortunately when I tried to open the attached workflow it errored out stating it's a newer version and the one I have doesn't support some tools and functionality

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208 ,

I've attached the workflow and macros for you that @Qiu provided in the exported package.

You'll need to save the .yxmc files to your macro folder before you open the workflow.

However, I would strongly advise you upgrade Alteryx.

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No problem at all @Qiu . I'm glad you're finding them useful.

M.

Bulien

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Appreciate you both for all your help on this 🙂 It was super helpful @mceleavey @Qiu 

Thank you very much for breaking down the package into separate attachments and I'm able to access it @mceleavey  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aparna0208 

Glad to help.

Maybe you can mark our answer as accept so other person can take it as solution for similar problems. 😁

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

JacobGFMR
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

Hello,

I am trying to something very similar to this, and I need some assistance. 

I am needing to pull in multiple files from a folder and I only need one sheet (or tab in excel). 

I am receiving an error that "The Control Parameter "Control Parameter (22)" must be mapped to a field. 

Can you please assist me with this? 

-I have input my folder into the directory. 
-I know my sheet name

I don't understand what to do next to obtain the tab/sheet I need from all files in the folder. 

After this is complete, will I be able to create a new excel file that combines all sheets into 1 single file? 

Labels