Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read in Multiple Excel Files with Different Sheet Names AND Append File Name to Output

kfeng
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! I'm currently trying to bring in 1 sheet from 20 Excel files and all the sheet names are different. I've found macros that could help me do this but once it's done, I can't decipher which Excel file the data is from. Would someone be able to help me configure a workflow that can do this input and also append a field with file name or fullpath? Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @kfeng 

Try to go inside of your batch macro input (you are using this one, right?) and select this red option for the input tool. This will create a column with the filename for you.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669906071128.png

kfeng
6 - Meteoroid

This worked! Thank you so much sir.

Theja_G
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Felipe_Ribeir0

I have different dates of excel files and in that each file have different sheets example - File1 - 25-04-2023 | sheet1, sheet2, File2 - 26-04-2023 | sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, File3 - 27-04-2023 | sheet1, sheet2

Now how do i read all the excel files along with different sheets into Alteryx? i tried using dynamic input tool but its throwing an error for sheet3.

Labels