Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read form one sharepoint site and write to another

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I have a problem when transferring records between different O365 Sharepoint Sites.  It seems that Alteryx cannot maintain 2 separate connections at the same time.  I can transfer fine if I read from one site to a temp file and then, in another workflow, read from the file and write to the second site

This seems to be a bug.  How can I a) get it fixed and b) make that it reaches the Alteryx devs

multi sharepoint site transfer.png

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
danrh
13 - Pulsar

I haven't tested this out, but what happens if you drop a Block Until Done before your SharePoint List Output?  This should gather all the records at that point and release them as a group.  Might end up closing the input connection before the output is created, possibly getting around this issue?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Good catch Quasar.  That worked for my simple transfer problem.  In the future, however, I'll to have connections to multiple sites open simultaneously, in a feedback loop between them. 

Do you know how I can get the Alteryx devs to take a look at this?

Thanks

Dan

danrh
13 - Pulsar

@SophiaF, can you get this post into the right hands?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@danilang and @danrh,

I would suggest posting the idea to the Designer Ideas section. We are using the Sharepoint API to push and pull data from and to do that simultaneously within one process may not be possible. However, I would suggest looking into a batch or iterative macro using block until done tools to assist in this process. Where the macro can change sites upon update of a Control Parameter and use the Block until done to load data and then pull once completed.

DanM

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks DanM

That's what I've done

Dan(danilang)

Labels