Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read between specific rows and output

AnandKumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've got an output something like below but i want to make separate table for each ID.

Means ID=1 will be stored in a single output file then ID=2,3,4,5 and so on. There could be multiple file or multiple tab is single excel output

But some ID is blank and there will be no data for that. But still we have to save it separately.

The next ID will have a incremental ID number i.e if after ID=3 is blank data then next ID will be 5 not 4.

Is it possible to achieve?

IDNAMEDATE STATUS  
1ABC20200116Approved  
IDISSUEAVGYLD_TO_MAT  MATURITY 
211360.3-0.279.88 
IDINTERVALRATINGPCT  
31-10YRAaa60  
IDRATESECTORVALUECREDIT 
IDQUANWEIGHTPCT_OF_PORT IDENTIFIERISIN
55456.229%US9382407LA093284
7 REPLIES 7
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AnandKumar1 ,

On the output tool you will see on the bottom part a checkbox with 'Take File/Table Name From Field

Select the box and select your ID column. This would do it

Edit: This wont work if your data is not present

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Would this do it?

Untitled.png

Regards

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AnandKumar1 

I have continued on from what @afv2688 has built for you and turned this into a Macro so that you can have each separate output file with the specific headings contained within your original dataset.

However, if you do not require this, then @afv2688 solution will be a much more simple way to implement!

Thanks

Will

AnandKumar1
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 I did checked that box but dint think of using SheetNumber Multi-row logic. Thanks for your help.

@wdavis I'm not able to import the zipped file. Can you drop a yxmd file?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AnandKumar1 ,

Here you got them.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

AnandKumar1
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 Everything is fine but i'm getting my output like this.

SheetNumberRecordID123 
10IDNAMEDATESTATUS
111ABC20200116APPROVED

In all the output tab, there is a row with Sheetnumber,RecordID,1,2,3 and so on which i dont want.

Is it possible to remove that and get a proper output format like below?

IDNAMEDATESTATUS
1ABC20200116APPROVED
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @AnandKumar1,

This should do it now. Output I get now:

🙂Untitled.png

Regards

Labels