Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read CSV Files from multiple zips

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

I have two zip files which contains the same 2  CSV files 

Can someone provided me the workflow which read All CSV Files inside my Zip Files

I am attaching my Zip Files 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tjamal1 ,

Since you have excel files with different schemas, I'm not aware of a solution with Alteryx designer only that can read zip files and concatenate all of them automatically.

Attached is an example showing how to read excel files with multiples sheets.

If unzipping is a business rule and you must do that, I'm sharing a link that shows how to unzip file with run command tool. Combining my example with that will make you achieve all your expectations.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-do-I-use-the-Run-Command-tool-fror...

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks 

What if i want to read from first sheet of every file only , can you provided any example

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tjamal1,

Attached is a workflow that allows you to read the first sheets of the 4 files.

My assumption is that you know the excel name (sample.xlsx , sample - copy.xlsx) as well as the sheet name (Sheet1)

VianneyM_0-1577292307625.png

In case you don't know this information I recommend you to have a look into this post 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Reading-Multiple-Files-Of-Your-Choice-...

Have a look into option 2 and 3 (depending on the complexity of your file's name), you can download the workflows and directly tested

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
Labels