Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re-use User Input

pxs132
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am working on a workflow which has a Date variable and is used by two tools: one formula tool for dynamic input and one filter tool.  The attached screenshot implements the scenario using two action tools - the user needs to select the same date twice. I am wondering if there is any alternative with just one action tool.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pxs132 you can have multiple action tools connected to an Interface tool. Which in your scenario I would suggest just having one date interface tool then have it connected to two action tools updating, your workflow in two places.

Interface_12102020.JPG

Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @pxs132 

You absolutely can reuse the input from a user in multiple tools. It will still require multiple action cards but you'll only need one Interface tool. See the screenshot below and let me know if you have any questions. 

Blake_0-1602534820308.png

pxs132
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis and @Blake ,

Thanks for your solution. It works perfectly.

Labels