Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re-Running a Workflow with a Variable Date

raychase
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I have a basic workflow that is querying a SQL database in an input tool, and then outputting (appending) that data to a SQLite file.  The query filters on a 2 week period, because the dataset is very large, and will get killed if I extend the time frame.  My first query ran from 01-01-2018 until 01-15-2018.  My next run would be 01-16-2018 until 01-30-2018.  And so on and so forth...

Whenever the workflow has finished running, I would like to be able to automatically add 14 days to my date range and have the workflow run again.  Can anyone provide some insight into how this would be done?  Ideally, it would run sequentially until the SQLite file contains all data from 01-01-2018 until present.

3 REPLIES 3
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I think you can do this really easily by using the Dynamic Input tool.  If you move your SQL query to this tool, you can then input a set number of two week periods using pre-steps.

I've attached a really quick example workflow for you as well.

Hope this helps!

raychase
11 - Bolide

Thanks for the quick reply!  I will give this a shot tomorrow at work.

raychase
11 - Bolide

I have used your workflow as a template, and it seems to be working perfectly.  Thank you so much!

Labels