Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re-Routing Data in Workflow if Column is Missing

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Goal: Re-Route data down a different workflow path (building this in an intended Macro) if the Data source is missing a specific column ("Station"). 

If the data source is missing this expected column, it is most likely because the data source has the 'station' value hidden in another column that I used a couple tools including a Multi-Row formula tool to break out into its own column. 

However, this macro does not work or apply if the column is actually provided. I have a 'Field Info' tool that I used to get a list of all the Column Headers, but I am not sure this is the right approach-- should I think about assigning the the column headers Record Ids and somehow joining the 'Name' column as a concatenated list back as one column into the main datasource? (and then filtering the workflow from there?)

1 REPLY 1
Hugo
9 - Comet

Hi aMac,

Check out the attached workflow, it may be of some use. I've taken your idea of using the field info tool and filtering to see if there was a Field Name = "Station". I've then appended that record (which should be 1 or 0 entries long) onto the original data, and filtered by the field "Name" to see if station was a column name or not.

Hopefully this provides some inspiration

Hugo

Capture.PNG

Labels