Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re: Python Tool Pip upgrade message

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi Paul,

Total newbie to Python and pip install on Alteryx server but I'm trying upgrade to a newer version of exchangelib and requests.  We're still on an older release of Alteryx so wondering what pip command is or right way to upgrade those modules.  I don't want to risk messing up server install so any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi TimN,

Could you Open Alteryx as an Admin, by right clicking on the icon and selecting run as administrator, and pull a python tool down onto the canvas. Then try this:

Capture.PNG

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Thanks, James.  I tried but forgot to mention we go thru a Proxy server.  Can you tell the command line version of this?  I do something like this:

pip install --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org --trusted-host xxxxx -i xxxxx/pypi-proxy/simple pillow.

When I ran as you said it did not error out but I don't think it upgraded.

JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can utilize these templates:

#No password and username
Alteryx.installPackages(package="exchangelib",install_type="install --upgrade --proxy proxy.server:port") 

#With password and username
Alteryx.installPackages(package="exchangelib",install_type="install --upgrade --proxy [user:passwd@]proxy.server:port") 

For future reference the help documentation for installing packages is here:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Alteryx-installPackages-...

And, as Alteryx.installPackages is just a wrapper for pip install you can also look here for reference:

https://docs.python.org/3/installing/index.html 

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com
TimN
13 - Pulsar

James,

Thank you.

Tim

Labels