Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re: Publish to Tableau Server Tool - Updates for TDSX

tim_moore_tx
5 - Atom

This is great, except for three issues:

1. It is impossible to edit the configuration after exiting the configuration dialog. Every time I click on the existing tool, it just gives me a spinning circle. The only option is to delete the instance of the tool, add it back to the workflow, and use the one opportunity it gives to redo the configuration.
  2. The workflow throws an error about the project name every time it runs, even if it actually publishes the extract.
  3. Selecting a .tds file in "Data source metainfo" throws Error Code 400011: Bad Request. This happens whether the Output Options are set to "Create" or "Overwrite". The .tds file is created from a local copy of the extract previously published by Alteryx through the same tool, with subsequent edits in Tableau Desktop 2018.2.

I believe the first two issues have been reported elsewhere. While they are annoying, I could grudgingly live with them. The third issue, though, is the real reason I need this tool to work. Any suggestions? Current version of Alteryx Designer is 2018.3.4.51585

6 REPLIES 6
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tim_moore_tx - our support team is currently looking into the first two issues mentioned. For the second issue, were you able to successfully update the .tds prior to publishing per the help documentation?

Prepare the TDS file using a file editor

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
tim_moore_tx
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick response! Editing the path corrected the issue.

lisebohr
5 - Atom

Hi @SophiaF  

Is the support team still working on the first two issues mentioned, or is a solution to be found somewhere? 

- Lise

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@lisebohr yes the team is still looking into both issues. The first I know is slated to be fixed in a release this year, although I don't have more specifics than that. Stay tuned!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

I'm also getting the error code 400011 issue as well, and it's a major issue for us as we specifically bought alteryx to publish to Tableau Server publishing feature.

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

Additional note - the error seems to occur after we hit 200,000 records.

This does not occur when we run from the Alteryx desktop version, it runs fine; error occurs when we run it from Alteryx on Server.

Labels