community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Re: Posting for Fastest Possible Solution

Atom

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx world. I have run in to situation, where I need to dynamically create 3 different column names with prefix V, E & P along with particular Week number which is there in 2nd row 2nd column(i.e 2015) which means I need to create V2015, E2015 & P2015. you can also see one of the column name is V2022, but it should be V2015. 2022 is my input week which I give. and this should be dynamic as I need all 7 weeks proceeding to 2022. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

data.jpeg

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @sahana,

You can use the "Dynamic Rename" tool which allows you to rename selected columns by using a formula.

If you are talking about dynamically creating columns based on logic, then you will probably need to create values within the rows and pivot the data using the "Crosstab" tool. 

If you provide an example file and a more detailed requirement I may be able to help further.

Let me know how you get on.

M.

Labels