Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Re: Parse Dates Easily with BB Date

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am using version 2020.1.5.25447 and when I try and install, I get the following error.

alexisjensen_0-1588042960402.png

I am running as admin, but still does not install.

alexisjensen_1-1588043076774.png

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Alexis

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS

Hello @alexisjensen 

I would recommend you reach out to Support@alteryx.com for this issue as you may need to do some direct troubleshooting.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
jrgo
13 - Pulsar

Hi @alexisjensen 

You mention that you're running as admin, but based off the "About" screenshot you shared, the instance of Designer running is not running as admin. 

It should show "Running Elevated" as indicated below.

jrgo_0-1588088727596.png

If launching Designer by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as administrator" but this still shows that it's not running elevated, you'll likely need to involve your orgs desktop IT to install for you.

As a side-note, when you're able to successfully launch Designer in an elevated state, you'll have to open the tool installer by going to File > Open Workflow > Browse and navigate to where the .yxi is located. Simply double-clicking on the .yxi typically will launch a new instance of a non-elevated Designer.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

NeilR
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@alexisjensen can you try installing the attached copy? Some versions of Designer have trouble dealing with YXI files that have spaces in the name, this version of BB Date doesn't have spaces.

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

HI,

This new download and the advice to run as administrator got the package to be installing.  However, it threw a different error

alexisjensen_0-1588107536823.png

I will raise with support.

Regards,

Alexis

Labels