Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Re: How do I output to an Excel template file?

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

Can an excel template be updated if the incoming information is not in a block form?  Say I want to fill in a form from an existing list into something like this template.

CasingSheetImage.png

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Brad,

There are a couple of options here:

1. You can output to another sheet in the spreadsheet and have formulas in this sheet pick up the relevant fields
  2. You can output the entire sheet in the correct format, by constructing the whole 'block' of text in Alteryx. To preserve formatting, the output can be done via the Render Tool rather than the output tool.
  3. You can name the ranges in Excel and then output to those named ranges by referencing the range instead of the sheet. In this way you can set up a table with 2 columns, Data & Range. the issue that you have is that the field name is also going to be output. Maybe there is a way to get around that...

The recommended method would probably be option 1, however I have attached a module that shows 2&3.

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

My company has been on an IT freeze and we cannot update to the latest version of Alteryx.  Can post the ExcelRanges.yxmd in Alteryx 9.5?  I think Excel Ranges may help.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Brad,

The attached should work in v9.5.

Labels